180 / Junior High
The 180 Junior High Youth Group at Neighborhood Church is a ministry aimed at those high energy young people in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. Junior High can be a fun time of life, but can also be an awkward time physically, mentally, and spiritually.
This group is designed to support a young person as he or she grows in their relationship with God. More specifically, 180 attempts to do five things:
- Teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Supply Junior High students with the tools to live faithfully in their world as lights for the glory of God
- Embrace and care for all students as individuals whom God seeks as His own
- Provide opportunities for students to minister to others (volunteering, sharing, evangelizing)
- Demonstrate a healthy, honest relationship with God—one that overflows with joy in God, delights in truth, confesses sin, and seeks that others do the same.
180 meets regularly at Neighborhood Church on Sunday mornings for Sunday School (9:45-10:45am), and also on Tuesday nights for youth group (6:30-8:30pm). For more information and details about special events, contact Ted McDonald (949.5215) or Josh Scott (355.9249).
ACTS / Senior High
Our High School Ministry is known as ACTS, which stands for Anderson/Cottonwood Transforming Students. We believe that God is at work transforming us into the person He designed us to be. As a high school ministry, we desire to come beside families as their kids transition from children to young adults.
We gather together every Sunday Morning during the Sunday School Hour (9:45-10:45am) in the Student Center, where we develop our understanding of God through Biblical teaching and large group interaction.
Every Tuesday evening from 6:30-8:30pm, we also have our Xhilaration meeting. This is a time when all high school students come together at our church building for a time fellowship, fun and games, and teaching.